Facilities and resources include:
- Airconditioned classrooms
- Access to all buildings by ramps and a lift in the main building
- Extensive playing fields provide grassed areas for soccer, football and cricket
- Quality tennis court area and multi-purpose hard court
- Gymnasium with facilities for basketball, netball, soccer, badminton and volleyball
- Design and Technology Centre
- Multimedia theatre
- Computer suites
- Music suite
- Library and Resource Centre
- Health Industry Trade Skills Centre
- Home Economics Centre
- Technology Centre – woodwork and metalwork
- Science laboratories
- Visual art rooms
- Student Canteen and Cafeteria area
Resource Centre / Library
The development of reading and information literacy skills through recreational reading is made possible through the support of our Resource Centre and our teaching program.
This extensive facility provides print, multimedia, and online resources.
The library collection comprises books, magazines, newspapers, and DVDs specially selected to meet the student’s curriculum requirements.
Computers are available for class or individual use, offering access to the internet and personal files. Photocopying, printing, and scanning facilities are available.
The library catalogue is accessible through the school Intranet from all computers in the school.
Junior School classes visit the Resource Centre for weekly browsing and borrowing, instruction sessions, Resourced Based Learning, and individual research.
- Before school : 8.30 – 8.45am
- Recess : closed
- Lunch : 12.40 – 1.20pm
- After school : 3.05 – 3.20 pm
Health Industry Trade Skills Centre
Plympton International College is home to a state-of-the-art, $1.03m Health Industry Trade Skills Centre.
Students studying our double Certificate 3 program in Health Services Assistance and Allied Health Assistance use this real-life training facility. This fully equipped and modern Practice Skills Area includes:
- A 5-bed hospital ward (including one aged care bay)
- A nurse’s station, shower and toilet, silage and nurse preparation area
- A modern training room equipped with data projector and screen, flexible seating arrangements and a kitchen area
- A large storeroom to house approximately $200,000 worth of specialised training equipment, ranging from lifters and wheelchairs to first aid training manikins and defibrillators.
Students from both Plympton International College and other government and non-government schools access the training program. Their future pathways on completion of the double certificate include:
- Achieving an ATAR score to study Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy and other health degrees
- Qualifying for TafeSA entry to study Enrolled Nursing, Aged Care, Disability Care, and other health-related courses.
Woodwork, Metalwork, Electronics
Plympton International College is proud of our students’ achievements in our Tech Studies workshop.
Students from Years 8 to 12 develop skills in woodworking, metalworking and electronics, using a wide range of tools and machinery.
As students move through their year levels, they undertake increasingly complex projects and use machinery, with a strong focus on safety training.
Tech Studies students will be introduced to the following tools and equipment:
Woodwork – Years 8 to 10
- Drill presses
- Band saws
- Disc sanders
- A range of hand tools: hammers; chisels; screwdrivers; etc
Woodwork – Years 11 to 12
- Radial arm saws
- Circular saws
- Table routers
- Oxy-acetylene welding equipment
- A range of hand tools : hack saws; marking out tools; files; mallets; etc
- Drill presses
- Pedal stool grinders
- Soldering equipment
- Various hand tools
- Identification of electronic components
Our Tech Studies teaching team encourages new project ideas. Popular projects include:
- Small wooden toys: cars; trucks; planes
- Returning boomerang
- Small table
- Foosball table
- Surfboard racks
- Electric guitar
- Sheet metal trays
- Pencil cases
- Storage tins
- A-frame toolbox
- Construct one of 8 ‘LED’ fun kits.
Gym & Sporting facilities
Sports houses/school spirit
Plympton International College has a wide range of sporting facilities for students of all ages.
Our fully equipped, multi-sport gymnasium is perfect for physical education in all weather conditions.
Outdoor playing fields provide grassed areas for training and competition.
Students enjoy access to our quality tennis courts and a multi-purpose hard court.
Reception to Year 5 students undertakes water safety and swimming classes annually.
Ready to enrol your student?
You are welcome to fill in an Expression of Interest Form and your child’s name will be placed on our ‘register for enrolment’ list.